Monday 16 August 2010

Pushing Daisies

I watch a lot of TV shows, and I love a lot of TV shows. I think it's safe to say, however, that I have never loved a TV show as much as I love Pushing Daisies. It is perfect in pretty much every way, and not just because Lee Pace is in it. It's well-written, well-acted, funny, interesting, bizarre, the settings and costumes are beautiful etc etc etc. I love Ned and Chuck as a couple, because despite not being able to touch they make it work and make it romantic. Emerson is absolutely hilarious, Olive is so charming and ridiculous, Vivian & Lily are the aunts everyone'd want to have. I don't know if I should explain the story, but it can be summarized by one of Ned's quotes anyway "My name is Ned. I live a simple life. I wake pies and make the dead. That was creepy. I make pies and wake the dead." So yes, it's about a dead-waking pie-maker who works together with a kickass private investigator to solve ridiculous murders.

Whenever I feel sad I always put on an episode (usually
The Smell of Success or Circus, Circus or The Fun in Funeral or you know, any other). Unfortunately there are only 22 episodes and I could rant on and on about how stupid it is that there's so much crap on TV but something as amazing and original as Pushing Daisies got cancelled after only two seasons, but let's not go there. Instead, I will just make this a picspam (and no, not just of Lee Pace). Most pictures are from http://pieholers.tumblr.com/ or were randomly saved on my computer.
































No comments:

Post a Comment